Some of these links may be affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commision if you click-through and make a purchase.
You’ve either decided you want to go to Vegas or you’ve already booked the trip and want to find a way to make it a little bit cheaper. I’m here to help! MyVegas slots have saved me a decent amount of money in Vegas over my past two trips and I have a third trip planned at the beginning of 2019. I’m going to give you a high overview of how to play MyVegas slots to earn real rewards in Las Vegas.
First things first, you will want to play MyVegas on your mobile device and also play on Facebook via a desktop computer. Your loyalty points will sync up but the coins that you have to play with will not. This is a breakdown of what you will see on your MyVegas screen.
- XP’s – This is your progression to the next level. As you go higher up in the levels, you will earn more gold coins everytime your bank fills up.
- Loyalty points – These are the gold coins that are going to get you free rewards in Las Vegas.
- Coins – These are the purple coins and you will use these to play the app and Facebook game for free. You get a daily spin and you will earn these coins and in the app, you can earn coins every four hours. In my image above you can see it counting down because I just collected them. You will see a collect button at the bottom of your screen when it is time to collect. When you play on Facebook, you will get a daily spin and also gather coins from the casinos that you have built on the strip.
- Journey’s – When you play on the mobile device you will have journey’s to complete and this will either earn you loyalty points or coins to play with. I recommend completing these journey’s, it seems like the fastest way to earn coins. (you will not have journey’s to complete when you play on Facebook.
Playing on the mobile app:
- You will want to gather coins every day using your daily spin and every four hours when you get a bonus.
- The fastest way to earn coins on the mobile app is completing the journeys. There will be a bronze, silver, and gold journey to complete. Go through and complete the bronze journey’s first, these are the easier and fastest journey’s to complete.
- Each time you spin, you will see your loyalty points fill up on the left side of the screen. The higher you bet the faster it fills up but make sure you have a large supply of coins before you start betting high or you will be out of coins in minutes.
Playing on Facebook:
- Gather coins from your daily spin and visit your strip frequently to gather coins from casinos you have built. These all have different times that you can gather coins, some will be every thirty minutes and others will be every 2 hours so just pay attention to your strip.
- When playing on Facebook, you will be able to build up your strip while you are playing on some levels. You will see that you are gathering pieces to build a casino at the top right of your slot machine. Each time you build one, you get to gather those coins on the strip.
There are 4 apps total that I play. The one that earns me the most has been MyVegas but it could also be because it’s the one I enjoy playing the most. The other apps are POP! Slots, MyKonami, and MyVegas Blackjack. If you’re really in a hurry to build up some coins then I would play all three.
Redeeming for rewards:
I have used my rewards now for several different things. I stay at Excalibur because I have free rooms but next time I go I will be staying at Aria or Bellagio. Aria and Bellagio both have rewards for free buffets. Every trip I redeem for a “2 for 1 Starbucks” at Luxor. You can walk over to Luxor from Excalibur without leaving the casino and this “2 for 1” reward is actually just $15 at Starbucks. Make sure you take a friend or buy breakfast with your coffee. I always redeem this reward and have whoever is with me redeem this reward. This way we can just alternate days using them. I have used my coins to redeem for a free Excalibur buffet but DO NOT do that. It was truly the worst buffet that I’ve had. If you want to redeem for a buffet, I recommend doing Bellagio or Aria. On my Last trip, I was able to redeem for $50 in free play. It was much more fun gambling when it wasn’t my money but that does take a while to build up to that many gold coins.
When you go to redeem your rewards, make sure you do it BEFORE you land in Vegas. If you have location settings on then your phone will know you’re in Vegas. Some of the rewards will disappear because they do not offer them to locals. On my last trip, we had someone who couldn’t redeem anything because her phone knew she was in Las Vegas. I even tried having her login to my phone and we cleared her cache and turned off location settings and nothing worked. Please make sure you redeem the rewards before you leave.
That’s how I use MyVegas to get free things in Vegas. Play wisely and do not spend a bunch of money buying coins! If you buy coins it defeats the purpose of playing for free things. Happy playing and enjoy your trip!!